Your shopping bag is empty
How to Change Your Attitude with Lipstick
- Posted by: alex stevenson
- Comments: 0
- Categories: News
Lipstick is one of the oldest and most powerful cosmetics in the world. For centuries, it has been used to enhance beauty, express femininity, and boost confidence. Today, lipstick is more popular than ever. And, according to some experts, it can also be used to change your attitude.
So how does lipstick work its magic? Let's take a closer look.
The Power of Lipstick.
The History of Lipstick
Lipstick has been around for centuries, with the first recorded use dating back to ancient Mesopotamia. In those days, lipstick was made from a mixture of crushed gemstones and beeswax. It was used not only to accentuate the lips, but also to protect them from the sun and other environmental elements.
The history of lipstick is fascinating, and it has undergone many changes over the years. For example, in Elizabethan England, Queen Elizabeth I popularized the use of red lipstick. At that time, it was made from a mixture of beeswax and red pigment derived from plants or minerals. However, this type of lipstick was very drying and often caused skin irritation.
In the 19th century, lipstick became more widely available and affordable due to advances in technology and manufacturing. The first commercial lipstick was introduced by American company Eliza Cook in 1881. This new product was made from a blend of petroleum jelly and carnauba wax, which made it much more moisturizing than previous formulas.
The psychology of Lipstick
Lipstick can be seen as a powerful tool for self-expression and can be used to convey a wide range of emotions or messages. For example, wearing red lipstick can signal confidence and power, while a softer shade may convey sweetness or vulnerability. In fact, research has shown that lip color can influence how we are perceived by others; wearing red lipstick is often associated with being more attractive and outgoing.
Lipstick can also be used as a way to boost our mood or confidence levels. For instance, if you're feeling down about your appearance, putting on some bright-colored lipstick can instantly make you feel more attractive. Similarly, if you're going into a job interview or an important meeting, wearing a bold shade can help you project confidence.
How Lipstick can change your Attitude There's no doubt that Lipstick has the power to change your attitude. When you feel good about your appearance, it's natural to exude confidence ––and that can be extremely valuable in both professional and personal settings. Of course, it's important to remember that lipstick is just one part of your overall appearance; however, if you're looking to make a positive impression or simply boost your own confidence levels, it can be a great place to start.
Choose the Right Lipstick.
The Right Color
There are a few things to consider when choosing the right color of lipstick for you. First, think about what kind of look you're going for - natural or dramatic? If you want a natural look, choose a lipstick shade that's close to your natural lip color. For a more dramatic look, go for a bolder shade.
Next, consider your skin tone. If you have fair skin, steer clear of dark shades as they can make you look washed out. Instead, opt for light or medium pink shades. For those with medium skin tones, most colors will suit you but avoid extremely pale or dark shades. And if you have dark skin, rich and deep colors like burgundy and plum look beautiful on you.
Finally, don't forget about the rest of your makeup! Choose a lipstick color that complements your eye makeup and blush. For example, if you're wearing smoky eyeshadow, go for nude or pale pink lipstick. If you're rocking a bold cat eye, try a red or berry shade.
The Right Formula
The type of lipstick formula you choose should also be based on the look you want to achieve. For example, if you want long-lasting wear time without having to touch up often, choose a matte lipstick formula. Matte lipsticks tend to be more drying than other formulas though, so if you have dry lips start with exfoliating them first then follow up with a lip balm before applying matte lipstick.
For sheer coverage that still packs some punch in terms of color payoff, go for sheer or glossy formulas. Sheer lipsticks are great for everyday wear as they're low-maintenance and easy to apply without a mirror (unlike matte formulas). Glossy lipsticks are perfect for special occasions when you want your lips to really stand out - just keep in mind that they can be messy and require frequent touch-ups throughout the night (especially if you're eating and drinking!).
The Right Occasion
Not all lipstick shades and formulas are appropriate for every occasion - you wouldn't wear bright red matte lipstick to the beach, for example. When choosing a lipstick for a specific occasion, keep the dress code in mind. For example, if it's a casual event like running errands or meeting friends for coffee, you can get away with wearing a more low-key shade like nude or pink. If it's a dressier event like a wedding or dinner party, go for something bolder and more glamorous like red or plum.
How to Apply Lipstick.
The Tools you Need
Lipstick is one of the most versatile and easy-to-use makeup products. All you need is a few basic tools and a little practice, and you'll be able to create any look you want. Here are the essential tools for applying lipstick:
1. A lip brush: This will help you apply the lipstick evenly and precisely.
2. A lip liner: This will help you define your lips and prevent the lipstick from bleeding.
3. A lip balm: This will moisturize your lips and make them softer, so the lipstick goes on smoothly.
4. The right color: Choose a color that complements your skin tone and makes you feel confident.
5. The right formula: Choose a formula that suits your needs, whether it's long-lasting, matte, or hydrating.
The Perfect Application
Now that you have all the tools you need, it's time to start applying your lipstick! Follow these steps for a perfect application every time:
1. Start with clean, exfoliated lips: Make sure your lips are free of any dead skin cells or dryness before applying lipstick. You can do this by gently scrubbing them with a sugar or salt scrub, or by using a lip balm with an exfoliating agent like beads or alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs).
2. Apply lip balm: This will help to moisturize your lips and make them softer, so the lipstick goes on smoothly.
3. Line your lips: Use a lip liner to define your lips and prevent the lipstick from bleeding. Start at the center of your upper lip and work your way outwards. Then, do the same for your lower lip.
4. Fill in your lips: Starting from the center of your upper lip, apply the lipstick in short strokes outward. Repeat on your lower lip.
5. Blot your lips: Place a tissue over your mouth and lightly press down to remove any excess lipstick.
6. Apply a second coat: If you want more color or coverage, you can apply a second coat of lipstick.
7. Set with powder: For a long-lasting finish, dust some translucent powder over your lips with a brush or blotting paper.
Lipstick is more than just a cosmetic product; it has the power to change your attitude and boost your confidence. When choosing a lipstick, it is important to consider the right color, formula, and occasion. Applying lipstick correctly is also crucial for achieving the perfect look. By following these tips, you can use lipstick to create any mood or attitude you want—so go out there and experiment!